Green Cardamom also know as Elaichi in Hindi has a strong, unique taste, with an intensely aromatic flavour and is grown in hills of Kerala, India. Green cardamom is one of the most expensive spices by weight.It is a common ingredient in Indian cooking. It is also often used in baking in the Nordic countries, in particular in Sweden, Norway, and Finland, where it is used in traditional treats such as the Scandinavian Yule bread Julekake, the Swedish kardemummabullar sweet bun, and Finnish sweet bread pulla. In the Middle East, green cardamom powder is used as a spice for sweet dishes, as well as traditional flavouring in coffee and tea. Cardamom is used to a wide extent in savoury dishes. In some Middle Eastern countries, coffee and cardamom are often ground in a wooden mortar, a mihbaj, and cooked together in a skillet, a mehmas, over wood or gas, to produce mixtures as much as 40% cardamom.
Health Benefits of Green Cardamom:
- Antioxidant and Diuretic Properties May Lower Blood Pressure.
- May Contain Cancer-Fighting Compounds.
- May Protect from Chronic Diseases Thanks to Anti-Inflammatory Effects.
- May Help with Digestive Problems, Including Ulcers.
- May Treat Bad Breath and Prevent Cavities.
- May Have Antibacterial Effects and Treat Infections.